RIX Connect Agreement
The Reykjavik Intnernet Exchange (RIX) was established to interconnect
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) located in Iceland in a cost-effective and simple manner.
RIX does not compete with its members and will not offer any
services not consistent with its primary purpose.
Internet á Íslandi hf. ID number 660595-2449
Tćknigarđi, Dunhaga 5
and the connecting party (CP)
Corporate Identity No: ____________________
Address : _____________________________
The RIX connection is billed monthly, in advance, according to
the current RIX pricing schedule.
The Connecting Party (CP) agrees to the following:
- The CP shall enter into a peering agreement (formal or informal) with at least one
of the existing RIX members.
- The CP shall nominate a technical and administrative contact responsible for the CP's
connection to the RIX. The contacts must have valid email addresses.
- The CP shall register a email address for accepting peering requests. The CP shall
respond to such request within two days.
- The CP shall not refer their customer to the RIX operators for information
on connectivity problems.
- The CP must have their own Autonomous System Number, and must register their
routing policy with the RIPE RIB.
- The CP must register an inetnum and route objects of all networks announced
to other RIX parties across the RIX.
- The CP peerings across the RIX must use BGP-4 to exchange routes.
- The CP router interface facing the RIX must only be numbered from
the RIX peering network.
- Only one MAC address from the CP router must be visible via the RIX.
- The CP should ensure the stability of their routing announcements
and ensure maximum possible aggregation of their prefixes.
- The CP only directs traffic to networks heard via BGP-4 from other
peering parties on the RIX.
- ARP is the only allowed broadcast type. The CP must ensure that
no ICMP redirect, CDP, IRDP or directed broadcasts are generated.
- The CP may only connect their own equipment to the RIX switch, not
equipment operated by a third party.
- The CP must label all equipment colocated with the RIX.
- The CP agrees to upgrade the bandwith of their RIX connection
if their 30 day average traffic is over 65% of the circuit capacity.
- The CP must not connect their customer dircectly to their colocated
- The CP must not use the RIX to transport traffic between their own
networks, within their own AS#.
- In general, the CP agrees to conduct their traffic in accordance with
STD0001 and other relevant STD documents.
ISNIC, the RIX operator agrees to the follwing:
- to operate the RIX switches so that the CPs can, without
technical limitations connect to each other according to the
rules of engagement set by the RIX operators.
- to make available rack space and protected power for the CP's router.
- to grant the CP acccess to their own equipment as needed.
- to monitor and measure traffic and other relevant operational parameters
and make this information publicly available.
- to communicate problems with the CP circuits and equipment, as long as
this is visble to the RIX operators.
The agreement terminates three months after a notice from either party.
The CP has access to their own colocated equipment during
office hours, accompanied by a RIX/ISNIC employee.
Office hours are 09:00-17:00 GMT0
Insurance is required for colocated equipment.
Employees of Internet á Íslandi hf., will handle all information
about the connection and traffic as confidential.
On behalf of RIX
On behalf of the CP
Email for peering requests: (will subscribedto the peering mailinglist, email@example.com).
Internet á Íslandi hf. -- Reykjavík Internet Exchange (RIX) útg. 2.1